Hinge Health acquires the most advanced computer vision technology
SAN FRANCISCO — Sep. 17, 2021 — Hinge Health, the world’s #1 Digital Musculoskeletal Clinic™, has acquired wrnch, developer of the leading computer vision platform for measuring human motion. wrnch’s three-dimensional motion-tracking technology enables the same precise tracking of full-body movement used by elite athletes and the motion picture industry. Hinge Health now has the largest computer vision team in digital health.
This acquisition underlines the commitment of Hinge Health, the market leader in musculoskeletal (MSK) care, to pioneering better ways of delivering care. Movement-tracking technologies, such as computer vision and motion sensors, enable Hinge Health’s clinical care team to deliver the most responsive and personalized whole-body approach to MSK care, improving outcomes and member experience while reducing costs.
Combining motion sensors and computer vision further burnishes Hinge Health’s digital physical therapy solution as the most comprehensive on the market, uniquely enabling the following:
- Motion assessments to objectively measure a patient’s functional ability across strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance to inform care plan personalization
- Expanded exercise tracking as computer vision and motion sensors together enable the widest range and measurement of full-body exercises, including yoga and aerobics
- Enhanced clinical care programs that improve rehab of difficult-to-treat areas, such as the head, neck, and hands, by tracking 87 unique points on the body
Hinge Health continues to pioneer new standards in personalized MSK care by pairing a comprehensive clinical care team with the industry’s most advanced technology portfolio:
- Computer vision and motion sensors for exercise therapy and motion assessments
- Hinge Health Enso, a groundbreaking wearable technology for immediate noninvasive and nonaddictive pain relief
- HingeConnect for bridging the gap between in-person and digital MSK care and enabling real-time interventions by integrating health data with 750,000+ providers
“We built wrnch into the world’s leading artificial intelligence and computer vision R&D lab to understand human motion, shape, and intent,” said Dr. Paul A. Kruszewski, founder and CEO of wrnch. “I’m so excited to combine our artificial intelligence technology with Hinge Health’s Digital MSK Clinic to improve clinical outcomes for millions of members.”
Hinge Health cofounder and CEO Daniel Perez explained, “We won’t stop investing in technology to deliver the most patient-centered digital clinic that improves member experience and outcomes while reducing costs. wrnch allows us to take a giant leap forward in all respects.”
About Hinge Health Hinge Health is pioneering the world’s most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic™. Four in five employers and 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution have chosen Hinge Health. Hinge Health reduces MSK pain, surgeries, and opiate use by pairing advanced wearable sensors and computer vision technology with a comprehensive Clinical Care Team of physical therapists, physicians, board-certified health coaches, and more. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 750,000+ in-person providers and enables real-time interventions for elective MSK surgeries, driving proven medical claims reduction. Available to over 11 million members, Hinge Health is the #1 Digital MSK Clinic with more than 500 employer and health plan customers, including Boeing, Salesforce, and US Foods. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Media Contact: Meghan Doherty email@example.com