Staying Motivated With the Hinge Health Program
The Hinge Health program is designed to be a lifelong companion that will keep supporting your joint health with your ongoing, consistent effort. To make it easier, here are some inspiring quotes and tips to help you stay the course.
"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." — Jim Rohn
“The greatest wealth is health.” — Virgil
“It’s not one giant step that does it, but lots of little steps.” — Unknown
Six Ways to Stay Motivated
- Remind yourself of how good you feel after a 10 minute exercise therapy session. The benefits go beyond pain relief. What else do you notice?
- Notice and name the positive changes: What can you do now that you couldn’t do before? What activities and/or tasks are easier for you now? How has your pain changed over time? How often are you pain free?
- Set a new goal for your joint health—what else would you like to be doing where being your healthiest self will make a difference? If you are feeling good about maintaining your current exercise therapy routine, no need to change what’s working!
- Add an element of fun to your exercise therapy sessions—music, TV, tie it in with another workout you do, take it outdoors, do it with co-workers, friends, family or your kids. What else comes to mind?
- Give yourself permission to keep experimenting with your exercise therapy routine—as your schedule and reality change, adjust the days and times you do your sessions accordingly.
- Remember, what got you here will keep you here! Plus, there’s no upper limit to how good you can feel!
- Need more ideas? Reach out to your coach and book a brainstorming session.