Hinge Health Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions Welcome to the Hinge Health digital care pathway for musculoskeletal disorders which is provided through a variety of different channels, including online at hingehealth.com (the “Website”), via one or more mobile applications (the “Application”), or through telehealth delivery (collectively the “Service”). The Service is owned by Hinge Health and its subsidiaries or affiliates involved in providing and supporting the Service (collectively, “We”, “Us”, “Our” or “Hinge Health”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Service.
By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (this “Agreement”). Hinge Health has the right to accept or reject any applicant for Services, in its sole and complete discretion.
1. Scope of Service This Agreement applies only to your use of the Service. We have other websites and services that may be covered by different terms and conditions of use.
The Service provides a variety of content, products, and services, including provision of Hinge Health motion sensors and related supplies (collectively, the “Hinge Health sensors”), a tablet computer containing the Hinge Health mobile application, exercise monitoring, data analysis, participant access to his/her personal health account, personalized musculoskeletal health education, access to Hinge Health’s wireless, mobile and web-based musculoskeletal condition management systems and technologies.
Depending on the digital care pathway that you are currently enrolled in, you may receive different levels of monitoring and support by Hinge Health’s coaching staff or licensed medical or health care professionals that is individually suited to your specific needs. Users in the Prevention Pathway do not interact with Hinge Health coaching, medical, or health care professionals.
Hinge Health makes certain telehealth related information available to you and/or facilitates your access to telehealth and secondary medical services through the Chronic Care Pathway, Acute Care Pathway, Secondary Medical Opinion Pathway, and the Peri- and Post-Surgical Care Pathway.
Hinge Health agrees to provide certain telehealth related information to you and/or to help provide you with access to telehealth providers. Hinge Health is independent from healthcare providers who will be providing such telehealth services to you through the Services and is not responsible for such healthcare providers’ acts, omissions, or for any content of the communications made by them. Hinge Health does not engage in the practice of medicine, physical therapy, or provide any other health services. Features and specifications of products or services described or depicted as part of the Service are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
As a condition to use of the Service, you agree that you will not use the Service in a manner inconsistent with (i) this Agreement, or (ii) any and all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Medical Advice Hinge Health MSO, Inc. provides the clinical services for Hinge Health, Inc. Hinge Health MSO, Inc. is an independent management entity with a national network of United States based physicians and physical therapists who provide clinical telehealth services. The MSO contracts with various professional organizations to provide the clinical portion of the Services via the Hinge Health platform to you.
The Prevention Pathway and Chronic Care Pathway do not offer medical advice. Provision of medical or healthcare advice through the Acute Care Pathway, Secondary Medical Opinion Pathway, or Peri- or Post-Surgical Care Pathway is not provided by Hinge Health, Inc. but rather through the individual medical or healthcare providers with whom you must first establish a physician-patient, or physical therapist-patient relationship. Using, accessing, and/or browsing the Website or Application or providing personal medical history does not create a physician-patient or physical therapist- patient relationship between you and Hinge Health or any of its employees and/or affiliates.
Unless otherwise expressed to you in writing, nothing in the Services is intended to create a physician-patient or physical therapist-patient relationship, or to replace the services of a licensed, trained, in-person physician, physical therapist, or other health professional or be a substitute for medical advice of a physician or trained health professional licensed in your state. You should not rely on anything contained in the Website or App, and you should consult a physician licensed in your state in all matters relating to your health. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Service.
Any content accessed through the Service is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions, or adverse effects. The Service should not be used during a medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. Please consult your doctor or other qualified health care provider if you have any questions about a medical condition, or before taking any drug, changing your diet, or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment. Do not ignore or delay obtaining professional medical advice because of information accessed through the Service.
Reference to any product, recording, event, process, publication, service, or offering of any third party by name, trade name, trademark, service mark, company name, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply the endorsement or recommendation of such by Hinge Health. Call 911 or your doctor for all medical emergencies. HINGE HEALTH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN THROUGH THE SERVICE.
3. Your Account and your Use of the Hinge Health Service
You must provide accurate and complete registration information any time you initially register or continue to use the Service. It is your responsibility to provide Us with true, accurate, and complete email address, contact, and other information related to your account(s), and to maintain and promptly update any changes in this information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password and account credentials, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Hinge Health of any unauthorized use of your password or account, and (b) ensure that you properly exit from your account at the end of each session. Hinge Health shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions.
The following actions are expressly prohibited in relation to your user name and password used to obtain the Services: - Sharing, disclosing, permitting access to, or otherwise facilitating the use by any person of your user name and password or accessing, copying, or storing any part of the Service for non-personal use; - Using the user name and password to cache the Service in such a manner as to be accessible by persons who have not properly registered with Hinge Health; or - Using the user name and password to permit multiple persons access to the Service through a local or wide area network.
If you have forgotten your user name or password, the Service will use an email address previously provided by you to send your user name or temporary password. You understand that any other individuals using the same email address will be able to gain access to your Service account information, but only if they provide the correct answers to your security questions.
Your use of the Service and any content accessed through the Service must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, including any laws regarding the export of data or software. You must be at least 18 years old to register and use the Service, or you must be the legal guardian for someone under age 18 whose data is accessed through the Service. You may not interfere with or disrupt the proper operation of the Hinge Health Service.
If you use Hinge Health’s mobile services to enter and maintain your personal information, you understand that you are responsible for safeguarding and securing your mobile device and the associated credentials (such as user identifiers and passwords). If you leave your mobile device unattended, or if it is lost or stolen, you understand that your personal information may be accessible to others. By providing your wireless phone number to Hinge Health, you expressly consent to Hinge Health calling you at this phone number - in person or through an automated system.
5. Intellectual Property The Service is owned by Hinge Health. We grant to you, for your personal purposes only, a nonexclusive, limited and revocable right to access and use the Service during the term of this Agreement, so long as you comply with the terms of this Agreement. You agree not to use the Service for any other purpose, including commercial purposes, such as co-branding, framing, linking, or reselling any portion of the Service without Our prior written consent.
All materials available through the Service may be accessed, downloaded, or printed for the user’s own personal, noncommercial purpose and solely within the scope allowable by this Agreement. No other use of these materials may be made without express written permission of Hinge Health.
Any unauthorized use of the words or images from the Service may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statutes. The Service includes material that is derived in whole or in part from materials that are copyrighted, including the format and layout of the Service. The copyrights are owned by Hinge Health, or for licensed content, the content providers.
None of the names, trademarks, service marks and logos of Hinge Health appearing on the Service may be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate Hinge Health’s sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service without express written permission of Hinge Health. Nothing contained within the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, waiver, or otherwise, any license or right of use to any trademark displayed on or through the Service without the written permission of Hinge Health or the third-party owner of the trademark, if any. The Service may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed by you.
You understand and agree that receiving an Amazon Fire Tablet and two Bluetooth sensors or other hardware as part of the Hinge Health program may have tax implications. You should consult with an appropriate tax professional to determine if you have any personal tax obligations receiving this under the Services, as applicable.
6. Right to Change Terms and Conditions Hinge Health may, at any time and from time to time, amend this Agreement. Any changes to this Agreement will be effective immediately upon posting of the changed terms and conditions on the Service. You agree to periodically review these terms and conditions, and your continued use of the Service following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by this Agreement as amended.
7. Computer Equipment, Browser Access, and Internet Services With the exception of the Hinge Health sensors, you are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all software, hardware or other equipment (collectively, “Systems”) necessary for you to access and use the Service. This responsibility includes, without limitation, your utilizing up to date web-browsers and the best commercially available encryption, antivirus, anti-spyware, and internet security software. You are additionally responsible for obtaining Internet services via the Internet service provider of your choice, for any and all fees imposed by such Internet service provider and any associated communications service provider charges. You acknowledge that there are certain security, corruption, transmission error, and access availability risks associated with using open networks such as the Internet, and you hereby expressly assume such risks. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the data security of the Systems used to access the Service, and for the transmission and receipt of information using such Systems. You acknowledge that you have requested access to the Service for your convenience, have made your own independent assessment of the adequacy of the Internet and Systems, and that you are satisfied with that assessment. We are not responsible for any errors or problems that arise from the malfunction or failure of the Internet or your System.
8. Content and Services Accessed through the Hinge Health Service You may choose to allow a third-party service provider (such as a Personal Health Record or PHR) to retrieve, provide, modify or otherwise use health and other information in your account or otherwise share your information with the service provider. Once you enable a specific third-party service provider to access your account, the service provider may continue to access your account until you affirmatively disable access. Third-party service providers include both health care providers and other entities. It is your sole responsibility to review and approve each such third-party service before sharing your information through or otherwise accessing it. USE OF THESE SERVICES AND RELIANCE ON THIS CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. HINGE HEALTH MAY NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE OR CONTENT.
9. Links to Other Sites The Service may contain third-party-owned content (e.g., articles, data feeds, abstracts, etc.) and may also include hypertext links to third-party-owned websites. We provide such third-party content and links as a courtesy to our users. We have no control over any third-party owned web sites or content referenced, accessed by or available through the Service and, therefore, we do not endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept any responsibility for such third party web sites or content or for the availability of such web sites. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY ALLEGATION THAT ANY THIRD-PARTY OWNED CONTENT (WHETHER PUBLISHED ON THE SERVICE, OR ANY OTHER, WEB SITE) INFRINGES THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY INFORMATION OR OPINION CONTAINED ON SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEB SITE OR CONTENT. If you link to third-party sites from Hinge Health, you should consult the policy statements of each site you visit.
10. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability By using the Service, you agree and represent to Hinge Health that you have the power and legal authority to accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions, and that you own all of the legal rights to the information you provide and grant the rights and licenses granted herein; and all information that you provide to Hinge Health or its employees and/or affiliates is accurate, complete, and true when provided.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. HINGE HEALTH AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ACCESS TO THE SERVICE MAY BE INTERRUPTED AND INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS MAY NOT BE ERROR-FREE. NONE OF HINGE HEALTH, ITS SUPPLIERS OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE OR THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICE; THEY ALSO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE FOR ANY REASON. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE SERVICE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED TO YOU ABSENT SUCH LIMITATIONS. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Indemnification You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Hinge Health and its suppliers and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, directors, agents, servants, and representatives of each from any liability, loss, claim, suit, damage, and expense (including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses) related to (i) your violation of this Agreement; (ii) your use of the Service, including any features, functionality, tools, content or promotions available through the Service’; (iii) any interactions you have with a Hinge Health employee or affiliate or other user; ((iv) your posting of material to the Service; (v) your gross negligence or willful misconduct; and (vi) your breach of these Terms and Conditions or federal, state, local, or other applicable laws or regulations.
12. Applicable Law This Agreement and the resolution of any and all disputes related to this Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware. Any dispute between Hinge Health and you related to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively in and by the state and federal courts of the State of Delaware. The Service can be accessed from the United Stated and other countries worldwide. Since the laws of each state or country may differ, you agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to any principles of conflicts of law, will apply to any and all matters relating to the use of the Service.
13. Modification and Termination of the Hinge Health Service Hinge Health reserves the right to terminate accounts for any reason it deems appropriate including, but not limited to, a belief that your conduct or your use of the Service violates applicable laws or is harmful to the interests of Hinge Health or any other users. Hinge Health also may place limits on, modify, suspend, or terminate the Service generally, and may suspend or terminate your use of the Service if you fail to comply with this Agreement. This suspension or termination may delete your information, files, and other previously available content. If Hinge Health terminates the Service or your use of the Hinge Health Service, this Agreement will also terminate, but Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 shall continue to be effective after this Agreement is terminated.
14. General Legal Terms If you have not signed a separate written agreement with Hinge Health related to the Service, this Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Hinge Health related to the Service, replacing any prior agreements. If there is any conflict between this Agreement and a signed written agreement between you and Hinge Health related to the Service, this Agreement will control. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Agreement remain in full force, provided that the essential terms and conditions of this Agreement remain valid, binding and enforceable and the economic and legal substance of the transactions contemplated by the Agreement are materially preserved. You may not assign, transfer, or delegate any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions, without our prior written consent. Hinge Health may assign, transfer, or delegate Our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, in Our sole discretion. The United States export control laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals. You agree to abide by these laws and their regulations. Nothing in this agreement creates an agency, partnership, or joint venture. Failure to enforce any provision will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. Contact Information Hinge Health is headquartered in San Francisco, California in the United States of America.
Hinge Health, Inc. 465 California St. 14th Floor San Francisco CA 94104 Email: email@example.com
While we make every effort to respond to all emails within one business week, we cannot guarantee a response to every electronic communication.
[Updated as of November 6, 2020]