You can start as soon as your kit arrives in the mail. Once you open your kit:
- Turn on the Kindle Fire tablet computer that you’ll receive in your kit
- Connect your tablet to your internet network (you’ll find instructions in your kit on how to do this)
- Open the Hinge Health application (app) on the tablet homepage
- Log into the Hinge Health app (you’ll need the email address and password you set when you signed up to the program). Please note that you do not need to register your Fire Tablet with Amazon in order to access your Hinge Health program. If you are prompted to do so, please reach out to your Health Coach for assistance.
Your first session will take just 15 minutes to complete, and the app will lead you through this step-by-step.
Participating in the Hinge Health program involves logging into the app to complete daily activities and interacting with your health coach.
Our program is designed to help you tackle pain in several ways:
- 15-minute app-guided exercise therapy sessions: These daily sessions will increase strength and flexibility in the areas that matter most. We'll help you retrain your body to stop sending pain signals.
- Education on the best ways to manage and prevent pain: Knowledge is power when it comes to relieving chronic pain. Learn about pain to empower yourself to take an active approach to your health.
- 1-on-1 support and motivation from a professional health coach: Every Hinge Health member is matched with a personal health coach. Your coach provides support, guidance, and encouragement every step of the way to ensure Hinge Health is a routine you can stick to.
Each session will only take 15 minutes or less, making it as easy as possible for you to fit your Hinge Health sessions into your life. Even as your program progresses and the exercises change, it will still only take about 15 minutes per session.
For best results, we recommend completing a session in your app daily, however, you can work with your coach to build up to daily sessions if needed.
Our goal is to help you build habits that reduce and prevent pain, however long it takes. Preventing pain from returning means staying active even after the pain has subsided, which is why we recommend making movement a lifelong habit.
Your health coach will help you build consistency and stay motivated with your program will help you to see results more quickly.
Your Hinge Health program is available at your convenience and is meant to be completed on your own. You can truly fit your Hinge Health sessions in wherever is best for your schedule.
If your situation changes and you don’t feel ready to start the Hinge Health program yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-902-2777 and we’ll be able to help you start at a time that is more convenient for you.
Yes - many Hinge Health participants prefer to use the app on their own phone or tablet. You will receive an email early on in your program with a link to download the Hinge Health app on any device. You can also ask your Health Coach how you can get this set up.
Every Hinge Health member is matched with a personal Health Coach. Your Health Coach is an expert in building healthy habits, managing persistent pain, exercise therapy, and achieving wellness goals. They will be there for support every step of the way to help you overcome obstacles, celebrate your successes, and help you build consistency in your program.
Yes, your coach is a real human being! Our coaches are all professionally qualified, passionate about helping people achieve their wellness goals, and located across the United States.
Your Health Coach will communicate with you primarily through text message, with phone calls and emails as needed. You can let your coach know if you would like more, less, or a different type of communication at any time.
The easiest way to contact your Health Coach is to send them a text message at 833-418-0909.
Yes, we currently are able to offer Spanish services. If you’d prefer to be matched with a Spanish speaking Health Coach, please email email@example.com or call 855-902-2777 and let us know.
If you are experiencing any issues at all, please reach out to our Participant Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-902-2777 and we'll help you work through any questions you have.
A Wi-Fi connection is vital to success in our program, though we are willing to work to find alternative solutions. If this is an issue for you, please contact email@example.com or call 855-902-2777 to discuss other options.
Text messaging is the preferred option in which your Health Coach will communicate with you, but they are able to adjust communications to emails or scheduled phone calls to fit your needs. Please inform your Health Coach of your desired method of communication.