Step it Up Challenge
Here at Hinge Health, we want to help you build on the movement habits that you’ve already formed, so you can stay consistent in managing your pain and reach the goals that you've set for yourself. Walking is one of the best ways to keep your body moving and help improve both your joint and aerobic health. We’d like to challenge you to add on to your Hinge Health sessions, by stepping up the amount of time you walk over the next two weeks.
Dates: This challenge will run from Monday, October 5th to Sunday October 18th.
What to do:
- Say Yes: Let your coach know you are participating in this challenge by sending a text to 833-418-0909 or leaving a note in the app. They can help you create a goal, plan for success, and stay on track.
- To participate in this challenge, all you need to do is add in some additional walking. Find a level that you feel comfortable challenging yourself with and stick to that!
- After you complete the exercises in your playlists, leave your coach a note in the app (available on the Log your health page) or send your coach a text to let them know that you're adding on those additional steps.
Prepare for the challenge
After you let your coach know that you'd like to join in, create a weekly goal with your coach. Here are some examples:
- Walk for five minutes after lunch, seven days per week.
- Hit my step goal of 12,000 steps 5 days per week.
- Go for a two mile walk in the morning on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Walk my dog for twenty minutes twice a day, seven days a week.
The purpose of this challenge is to increase your steps throughout the week in addition to completing your Hinge Health sessions for the next two weeks. You can keep the extra walking short if you’d like, or if you have time you can do a longer session.
Your additional walking should feel like a challenge to you, but you can incorporate it any way that you like throughout the week and in a way that you know you can commit to. If you’re in need of ideas please reach out to your coach and they will happily help you come up with a goal you feel comfortable with.
Step it Up
Once you have your goal, it's time to get moving!
Check in with your coach periodically throughout the challenge to let them know how you're progressing with the challenge. They're here to help support you and keep you on track.
Questions about this challenge?
Send your coach a message either in the app or by text at 833-418-0909. They’d love to help you create a goal and step it up!
Traveling or on the go? Want to add stretches at work?
Download the Hinge Health app on your mobile device to make it convenient and easy to do your playlist no matter where you are: https://www.hingehealth.com/-/installing-the-hinge-health-mobile-app/
Don’t have a smartphone?
No problem! Your tablet is travel friendly and portable, too. You can even complete playlists without WiFi, simply reconnect once you have wireless services again so your coach can see your progress!