Hinge Health is excited to host our second annual Planksgiving Challenge to keep you strong and moving towards your pain management goals during the week of Thanksgiving!
What's the challenge?
Challenge your Playlist count and your strength by holding a Plank position after each Playlist. It’ll burn, but you pecan do it!
If Planks are new to you, think “top of a push up position”, where your straight, engaged body resembles a plank of wood. There are options to modify this position if a full plank isn’t right for you at this time. This can be done with your knees down on the floor or standing against a wall. You know your body best! For support with modifications, you can look through modifications here or text your health coach and they’d be happy to work with you to determine the best plan for you. Your goals can always evolve as you gain confidence!
Examples of Challenge Goals:
- 4 Playlists and holding a Plank as long as I can breathe through it.
- 3 Playlists and hold a Plank with my knees down for 15 seconds.
- 6 Playlists with a standing Plank against a wall, with bent elbows, for 20 seconds.
When is Planskgiving?
This challenge will begin Monday, November 23rd and run through Sunday, November 29th. Popover early to say hello to our Hinge Health Community and prepare to tackle your goals alongside others!
How do I join?
To participate and join in on the fun, first you'll need to join the "Planksgiving Challenge" Group in the app. Here's how you can access that:
- From the Home page, Click on the “Groups” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- At the top of the page, you’ll see “My Groups” and “Explore” tabs. Click “Explore”.
- Locate the “Planksgiving Challenge” Group and click “JOIN GROUP”
- Pop a comment into the Group to let others know you’re there!
Questions about this challenge?
Send your coach a message either in the app or by text at 833-418-0909. They’d love to help you create a goal and step it up!
Traveling or on the go? Want to add your planks at work?
Download the Hinge Health app on your mobile device to make it convenient and easy to do your playlist no matter where you are: https://www.hingehealth.com/-/installing-the-hinge-health-mobile-app/
Don’t have a smartphone?
No problem! Your tablet is travel friendly and portable, too. You can even complete playlists without WiFi, simply reconnect once you have wireless services again so your coach can see your progress!